JOIN MT. WASHINGTON PTA - YOU MAKE US AWESOME
When you join the MWPTA, you are becoming a part of an active coalition of motivated and dedicated families and friends that have helped shape Mount Washington’s reputation as one of the best schools in the district. Our goal is 100% participation: for each student to be represented at the school, not just through parents, but also grandparents, neighbors, aunts, uncles, friends, and even local businesses.
Members are invited to attend our 5 General Association meetings: find out what is happening at our school and our plans for the future, voice your concerns and ask your questions. Throughout the year some meetings have parent-oriented workshops and speakers.
It couldn't be easier to join right now: Click here.
The cost is $7 per person online, or $6 cash or check. Parents, students, siblings, grandparents are all encouraged to join and help us reach 100%!
New this year: everyone who joins by October 1 will be entered in a drawing to win a fun family prize. Your yearly membership will be active until June 30th.
There are several ways to join: the easiest: Click here.
- look for our membership table at drop-off during the first week of school.
- watch for a membership envelope in your child’s backpack and send back your membership with cash or a check.
- pick up a membership envelope in at the Main Office
Please include as many family members as you can. Everyone is welcome.
Support our students by joining today and become a part of our outstanding MWPTA.
For any questions about PTA membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of a PTA Membership
- More than 85 rigorous academic research studies conducted over 30 years of research proves that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- Parenting is not easy--it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- There's no better way to know what's happening in your school. The Association Meetings are an opportunity for you to share information with other members. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at the school.
- Mt. Washington PTA organizes hard-working and dedicated volunteers. Parents are ready and willing to help implement school improvement programs.
- By volunteering with Mt. Washington PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause - for your child and all the children in the community.
- By getting involved at the school, you'll be a part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Mt. Washington PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events-all vital to our school's success.
- By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place in education.
- Thursday, September 19
- Friday, September 20
- Saturday, September 21
- Tuesday, September 24
- Wednesday, September 25
- Friday, September 27
- Monday, September 30
- Wednesday, October 2
- Friday, October 4